Translate

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Creepy Shades of Black


Shades of Black is this months challenge at both Make it Colourful and here in the CAS section, this is my take on the theme :)


Shades of Black Challenge 2_result


Shades of Black Challenge_result

I chose to do two images from the 'Halloween' section of the Make it Crafty Store.

When I saw the challenge was 'Shades of Black' my first thought was the dark side having been watching the television series 'Criminal Minds' at the time and my second thought was to use monochromatic colours so I have included both.

For Halloween Zombie I used Copic Markers Cool Grey's C1, 3, 5, 7 & 9. I started with C1 covering the image then gradually built up the colours to create the depth and shadows.

With Buttons I also used Copic Markers, this time using the Neutral Grey's N1, 3, 5, 7 & 9. Using the same procedure of starting with the lightest colour N1 and building up the shades and adding some texture with the dots in some places.

I hope to see everyone having a go this months with your take on 'Shades of Grey'.

Till next time

Andrea xx



No comments:

Post a Comment